Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Everyday Use" Before You Read: Tradition

Fifteen years from now I will pass down my regailia to my daughter--if I have one by then. This tradition involves regailia that is used for dancing in pow wows in my Native American culture. One of my happy memories of this tradition is my mom passing her regailia down to me. It is custom made with a silver shawl with a big blue cross on it. All custom made regailia is made within several months and are priceless because they are hand made.  By sharing this tradition with future generations, I hope they will be proud to have the customs and traditions of the Native American culture.     

2 comments:

  1. Woah! How did I miss that you are Native? Sweet! Are you Kumeyaay or Digueno? I used to teach Kymeyaay kids. Tell me more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was very good. I know those Regailia thang thangs. My sister got one from when her mom passed away. Im not sure if she's going to pass it down to her son,but I'll ask.

    ReplyDelete