Monday, November 21, 2011

’Typhoid Fever’– Present Tense Childhood Memory

I am four years old and sitting by our pool. I see everyone swimming and splashing with relief on this hot summer day. I get up and try to balance on the edge of the concrete that leads to the pool, when I hear my mom yell at me: "Sis, stop playing around or you'll fall in, and I'm not jumping in to save you." I ignore her and keep trying to balance myself. Next thing I know I can see the reflections of the sky through the water I'm under and then everything goes black. I peek open one of my eyes and i notice that I'm upside down. maybe I'm on someones shoulder, but its hard to tell. Everything goes black again and then I open my eyes only to find myself laying on my bed with all my clothes wet. I walk back outside to look for my rescuer but no one said anything and just continued with the pool party. I still don't know who saved my until this day.

1 comment:

  1. That is scary. You are probably still traumatized. Well that's nice that they got you out of the water.

    ReplyDelete